2020 brought many unexpected obstacles, but amidst those challenges, we found unity and new opportunities. People found connectivity through the digital world like never before. The end of the year is a time to reflect on the past year and prepare for the new one. As the importance of digital marketing is peaking at an all-time high, ask yourself these questions:
Do you have a brand identity?
Do you use the same colors, logos, and fonts throughout all print and digital marketing material?
- The strength of a brand is directly related to the consistency of branded social posts, documents, and client interaction. It’s well-known consumers trust brands that always appear the same and create marketing materials that are all cohesive and visually predictable. Evaluate your brand’s materials and see how you score on a consistency scale.
Is your content verbiage understandable and relatable to your industry?
- Are you using industry jargon to better target your desired demographics? Using language or keywords that are specific to your industry increases the engagement and trustworthiness of your brand.
Is your website designed for your target audience?
- Is it engaging?
- Does it take the user through an experience?
- Does it answer the top questions users may have within seconds?
We’re all guilty of leaving a website if it takes too long to load, find the content we’re looking for, or just doesn’t look right. With close to 93% of online interactions coming from searches, having an aesthetic and competitive website design is essential to acquiring new business, and maintaining current business.
Is your website optimized?
- Do you have google analytics tracking the backend of your site?
- Does it incorporate keywords related to your field?
- Do you know how it ranks on Google?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is just as important as the look of your site. Showing up on the first page of a search is crucial to the exposure your site and company get. It’s known 75% of searchers won’t click past the second page of results, so ensuring your site ranks high will increase organic traffic.
Do you have a consistent social media presence?
- Are you present on the platforms best for your business?
- Is it consistent throughout each platform?
- Do you post engaging content that will elevate your brand?
With today’s world being more digital than ever, the benefit of being able to interact with your consumers almost instantly is more valuable than ever. Relating back to your brand consistency, that includes the type of content posted and how you use each platform.
If your answer is yes to these then you are on the right track. Now it’s time to ask yourself how do you elevate these key marketing efforts to start generating revenue. You start by setting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- KPI’s are specific, numerical marketing metrics that we track to measure your progress towards a defined goal within your marketing channels.
- By tracking the right marketing KPIs, your company will be able to adjust various strategies and budgets.
If you’re unsure of where you stand on these points, it may be time to reevaluate your marketing strategy to strengthen it in the new year. Working with an agency that specializes in all things digital marketing will allow your brand to see significant growth and increased audience engagement and understanding. To learn more about all the factors impacting your digital presence, contact WKH Solutions today!